Monday 1 June 2009

A day late this week, I was enjoying the sun and painting plant pots in the garden which I hope is a good excuse. Whilst doing this I was listening to Radio 4 from the Hay Festival and marvelling at the wonder that is book festivals - next year I really will go!
As well as festivals to celebrate books there are also parties and book launches, this week I have three events to head off to with more booked in for the remainder of the month. It is great to see so many things happening in the world of books, it is very exciting that so many great new books are being published and I am wondering how am going to keep up with them all. It is with a great team and a continued enthusiasm for all children's books I think... if anyone would like to come on board and contribute, helping me to move Armadillo into the hearts and minds of a very wide readership then do get in touch. I firmly believe that more children and adults need to discover the sheer pleasure of a good, unputdownable book - mine for last week was Trudi Canavan's The Apprentice - I will let you know what this week's will be ...

No comments:

Post a Comment